Continuing our series of afternoon catch-ups for members we have three this coming week.
When: 6th April at 3.00-4.00pm
No set agenda – just a change for all to catch up and see what’s going on. If you have any suggestions for topics, please suggest before or on the call.
How can the Timebank best help?
When: 8th April at 3.00-4.00pm
This session will identify how the Timebank can best support its members – now and as the crisis period progresses.
Agenda to include:
- How can Timebank hours be earned?
- How do I progress a project using Timebank members?
- I have hours, but no project – what can I do?
- Can we run Timebank events (Lightbulb moments) etc?
- Ensuring potential members have the information they need – and that we can induct them
If you have other questions you feel should be discussed – please post them as comments below or bring to the session
When: 10th April at 3.00-4.00pm
Immortal Bloom would like to invite you to explore techniques on how to re-purpose, rebuild and recycle an abundance of material collected from the weekly shop.
Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, it is a good time to get our nuggins together and think outside the box as craft materials become scarce and we start to lose the plot.
Waste is not necessarily wasteful, it just has not been re-imagined yet so this is to enable an organic way of crafting.
Immortal Bloom’s practice uses Circular economy principles to make their work from waste in ways that are sustainable and can be further used for the creation of organic sculptures. They would like to bring their experiences in plastic sculpture and responsive technologies to online platforms and invite you to assist them through a stay at home style of working.
If you would like be involved all ya need to bring is:
- Scissors (preferably child friendly or if ya fancy living life on the edge any sharp small scissors are welcome)
- Sticky tape or clear cellotape
- Hole puncher
- Large/thick Sewing needles (if you got one)
- + Plastic/packaging: Tetra packs, Cartons, Plastic bottles, Paper, Milk bottles, Caps, Tubs, Cellophane, Boxes, Crisp Packets… and anything you can get your hands on, if not try the neighbours’ recycling bin. Please don’t forget to use gloves and antibacterial spray.
Please clean these waste products first as we wouldn’t like to have anyone suffer from food poisoning. Your safety comes first.
We would also like everyone to conform to covid-19 personal hygiene advice for sanitisation before and after handling of these materials.
Hosts: Rachael Rea, Anzir Boodoo and Steph Jo
Accessing the events
These events take place online in secured Zoom hangouts. It is worth downloading the software from Zoom.us before you join (available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android).
Access details are provided in the member Facebook group and member emails (email us if you’re not receiving these). These are safer space events. To maintain this connection details will not be shared publicly.
If you’d like to cover an idea or host a virtual tea break we’d love to hear from you – please contact us.